Center Boneless Pork Loin Roast
Flavor: 4 Out Of 5
Alternative Names: Center Cut Loin Roast, Double Boneless Loin, Center Cut Pork Roast
The top 2 photos are of a single boneless loin roast. The bottom 2 photos are two single roast, one stacked on top of the other and tied together making1 large boneless loin roast.
The pork loin roast is the center portion that lies between the rib and sirloin on the pork loin. The center loin roast is a meaty, tender lean cut, with somewhat less fat than the rib end of the loin.
This popular cut adapts well to brine, marinades, rubs and glazes and for maximum tenderness should not be cooked more than medium doneness.
Enhanced or seasoned pork is becoming more and more popular in grocery stores in the United States and Canada. If the pork you have purchased is enhanced do not use a brine solution or add any salt to the recipe. Read this article to learn more about enhanced or seasoned pork.
Center Boneless Pork Loin Roast
Most roast pork recipes call for cooking temperatures of 325-350 degrees and some even higher when cooking a pork loin roast.
What happens in our experience cooking a pork loin roast at a higher temperature will cause a roast to dry out on the outer parts and shrink more depending on the size of the roast by the time its done cooking.
A low temperature of 300 degrees will cook the meat evenly through from the center to the outer edge without any drying out, leaving the meat tender and juicy.
A boneless pork loin roast can be purchased as a single roast or a double. A double is simply 2 singles stacked one on top of the other, tied with butchers twine at even intervals giving the roast an even round shape.
A double roast is great for a larger crowd but if you purchase a single loin roast we recommend tying it with butchers twine at even intervals to give the roast a more even shape which will help cook the roast more evenly.
|CAST-IRON SKILLET #1 BEST SELLER|
1. An hour before cooking remove the roast from the refrigerator to bring to room temperature.
2. Heat oven to 300 degrees, adjust the oven rack to middle position. Meanwhile heat a skillet over medium high heat with 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Sprinkle the roast evenly with salt and pepper and any of your favorite seasonings or spices.
3. When skillet is smoking about 4-5 minutes add the roast, fat side up if a single loin. Brown the roast on all sides about 2 minutes per side, fat side last, lower temperature if the roast is burning.
4. Transfer roast to roasting pan on a rack set inside the pan. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 145-150 degrees using an instant read thermometer inserted into the center of the roast. Approximately 25-30 minutes per pound should register about 145-150 degrees.
5. Remove roast from the oven, transfer to a cutting board and tent loosely with foil 15-20 minutes. The internal temperature will rise about 5-10 degrees while resting to a temperature of 155-160. For maximum tenderness do not cook past this temperature.
6. Cut the twine off the roast, slice thinly across the grain and serve.
Try this Garlic Paste recipe with your boneless pork loin recipes. For this recipe skip steps 2 & 3, preheat oven to 300 degrees and begin on step #4 cooking approximately 25 minutes per pound.
|INSTANT-READ THERMOMETER #1 Best Seller|
Below is a cooking chart for pork roast. Remember you should always use an instant-read thermometer to check the doneness of a roast. The internal temperature will rise about 5-10 degrees during resting time, remove the roast 5-10 degrees before desired doneness.
|Doneness||Description||Meat Thermometer Reading|
|Medium||Pink throughout||145-150 degrees|
|Medium-Well||Slightly pink in center||150-160 degrees|
|Well-Done||Beige-pink throughout||160-170 degrees|
It is not recommended recipes for pork loin be cooked less than medium doneness.
Retun To Pork Roast
Return To Top - Boneless Pork Loin Roast
Do you have a great boneless pork loin recipe? Share it!
Check out this new, live sports game FireFan. It’s free, it’s fun, and it’s family friendly! Click to preregister and receive a bonus for signing up early. FireFan will be released the week of Nov. 21 2016.https://www.firefan.com/?code=app4fans