Thin, Pan Fried, Moist Pork Chops
Thin Moist Pork Chops
Nothing beats the taste of a pork chop on the grill in the summertime but there are times when we just can't grill outdoors because of the weather or apartment living. You can still enjoy a tender juicy loin chop indoors anytime.
A thin loin chop fried in a skillet will yield very good results but the key to a truly moist pan fried pork chop is to not good past medium doneness. We don't recommend searing thin chops on high heat like we do with thick loin chops, searing thin chops will dry out the center leaving you with tough chewy chops
Know The Different Cuts From The Loin
How To Cook A Thick Loin Chop In A Skillet
How To Cook A Pork Chop In The Oven
Thin Moist Pork Chops(Skillet)
This is an optional step, when cooking pork chops brining them in a salt and sugar water solution followed with an optional dry rub will produce a tasty, moist chop. If the pork you have purchased is enhanced or seasoned do not use a brine solution or add any salt to the recipe.
1. If the chops you have purchased are seasoned or enhanced skip step one. For cooking 2-4 unseasoned chops dissolve about 1/2 cup of kosher salt or 1/4 cup of table salt and 1/2-3/4 cup of light brown sugar or 1/4-1/2 cup of sugar in 2 quarts (2 liters) of cold water in a large resealable bag or plastic container. Let the chops sit in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours in the brine solution, turning the bag or chops once.
2. Remove the chops from the brine and pat dry with paper towel and season with your favorite optional dry rub. Allow the chops to sit at room temperature 1 hour before grilling.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat about 4-5 minutes. Lay the chops in the skillet about 1/4 inch apart, if using bone in chops place the bones inwards to center of skillet. Cover with lid.
4. Do not move the chops and only flip each chop over once until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the chop from the side reads 135-140 degrees Fahrenheit(57-60 Celsius).
5. Remove chops from skillet, tent loosely with foil and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Internal temperatures should rise and register 145-150 degrees Fahrenheit(63-66 Celsius) for medium doneness, anything more will begin to dry out and toughen the chops.
Thin Moist Pork Chops
Go To Home Page
Go To Pork Chops
Return To Top - Moist Pork Chops