In search of a spicy chili recipe? Look no farther, we have a lip smacking hot chili recipe for you.
Most crockpot chili recipes are fairly mild, but the heat has been turned up for this red bean chili. Habanero chiles, red pepper flakes and your favorite hot sauce, topped with shredded cheese and banana peppers will bring tears to the timid.
With most crock pot chili recipes, the ground beef can turn out gritty. A mixture of milk and bread combined with the ground beef before browning will solve this problem.
|SLOW COOKER TOP SELLERS|
Serves 4-5 People
Cooking Time 6-8 hours on low or 3-5 hours on high
Spicy Chili Recipe
1. Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until hot, about 4-5 minutes. Add onions, garlic, tomato paste, habanero chiles, chili powder, oregano, cumin, and red pepper flakes and cook until vegetables are slightly soft, about 7-8 minutes.
2. Meanwhile with a fork, mash milk and bread in a large bowl until the mixture is well flattened. Mix in ground beef, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, mixing all together using your hands.
3. Add beef mixture to the skillet, breaking up any large pieces of ground beef with a spoon. Stir until the beef is slightly browned, about 4-5 minutes, stir in tomato sauce, scraping up any bits in the skillet. Transfer to the slow cooker.
4. Add to slow cooker, brown sugar, kidney beans, chipotle chili and diced tomatoes with juice. Cover and cook 6-8 hours on low or 3-5 hours on high.
5. Let chili settle for 5 minutes, then remove fat from the surface with a large spoon. Season chili with salt and pepper to taste and serve topped with shredded cheese and your favorite hot sauce (optional) and sliced pickled banana peppers (optional).