Pork Tenderloin Slow Cooker Recipes
This slow cooker pork tenderloin recipe or what some may know it as, pork tenderloin in crock pot, is fairly easy to make and very flavorful.
Pork tenderloin is very lean and tender, but will dry out faster than most other cuts. Pork tenderloin in the slow cooker only needs 5-6 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high. With all slow cooker recipes, the meat is nestled in a liquid, helping to keep the meat moist and tender.
Tenderloin has a silver skin that runs the length of the meat, it should be removed with a thin sharp knife. Removing the skin will help in cooking the tenderloin more evenly.
Serves 4-8 people
Cooking Time 5-6 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high Ingredients
|SLOW COOKER TOP SELLERS|
1. Season tenderloin with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the skillet is hot, sear all sides of the meat until browned, about 6-8 minutes. Depending on the amount of meat, you may need to sear 2 or 3 batches. Transfer meat to the slow cooker.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the same skillet and add carrots, onions, celery and sage, stirring, cook until vegetables soften, about 5-6 minutes. Add the wine, whisking and scraping brown bits from the bottom. Transfer to the slow cooker.
3. Add beef broth, chicken broth and tomatoes to the slow cooker stirring. Cover the slow cooker with lid, cook on low 5-6 hours or high 2-3 hours, until the meat is tender.
4. Remove lid, let the liquid settle 5-10 minutes. Remove fat from surface with a large spoon.
5. Stir in garlic, grated orange zest and parsley. Serve on fresh buttered pasta or rice.