Roasted Pork Tenderloin Recipe
This is a very simple marinade recipe, pork tenderloin and potatoes with easy to find ingredients and there you have it, one great tasting easy meal. This easy pork tenderloin recipe goes with any cut of pork.
The instructions for this tenderloin recipe are for oven roasting, however this recipe can also be done on the grill.
1. In a bowl mix the olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper.
2. In two large resealable food bags or two glass containers with covers add the pork to one bag and the potatoes to the other bag. Pour marinade over the meat and potatoes, seal or cover and refrigerate 4-8 hours or overnight turning occasionally to distribute the marinade evenly. If using a resealable food bag press out as much air as possible.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Drain and discard the marinade, place meat and potatoes in a greased baking dish. Cook the tenderloin 20-30 minutes until the center reaches 145-150 degrees on a instant-read thermometer.
4. Remove meat, tent with foil 10-15 minutes, temperature should rise another 5-10 degrees. Return potatoes to a raised oven rack 5-6 inches from the top and broil the potatoes another 4-5 minutes until tender.
5. Slice pork thinly across the grain and serve with potatoes.
Below is a cooking chart for pork roast. Remember you should always use an instant-read thermometer to check the doneness of a roast. The internal temperature will rise about 5-10 degrees during resting time, remove recipes for pork tenderloin 5-10 degrees before desired doneness.
|Doneness||Description||Meat Thermometer Reading|
|Medium||Pink throughout||145-150 degrees|
|Medium-Well||Slightly pink in center||150-160 degrees|
|Well-Done||Beige-pink throughout||160-170 degrees|
It is not recommended pork be cooked less than medium doneness.